- In this section you can find health information that you and your family may find useful.
Whether you want to stop smoking, need advice about diet and exercise, immunisations, sexual health or drugs and alcohol we can point you in the right direction to help you to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
NHS Choices is the UK’s biggest health website. It provides comprehensive health information designed to help put you in control of your own health. The service is intended to help you make choices about your health, from lifestyle decisions about things such as smoking, drinking and exercise, through to the practical aspects of finding and using NHS services when you need them.
The NHS Choices website can also give you advice on a wide range of medical conditions and treatments. You can:
- Enter your symptoms online and get advice on treating common health problems at home.
- Get quick answers to hundreds of the most common health questions.
- Find a range of useful phone numbers and tools from NHS Choices to help you to keep healthy and well.
Other health resources
- My NHS - Here you can see key data used by the NHS and local councils to monitor performance and shape the services you use. We'll continually add to the information, listen to what you want, and work to make it as clear as possible here>>
- Diabetes - The Diabetes Specialist Nurse service triage's all referrals into the specialist team, undertaking assessment and treatment of patients with onward referral to other members of the diabetes team as appropriate here>>